Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Duuuuuuude!!!, That is awesome. Post some more pics when it's complete. Good choice by painting the chainstays black. Gonna put the original decals back on it or jus leave it solid?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking something like a sombrio sticker and maybe some other cool decals like that but no stock stickers... we'll see what i can find

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Damn, that's hot. Did you get that done by the "Specialized approved" painter? I would love to hear what you think of their work if it was. How long did it take? It makes me think of an Ibis...

·
Registered
53 Posts
that looks friggen sweet bro, yes i would also like to know who did your paint job as i plan on doing some customizing to my 07 epic...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got it painted at a sheet metal shop in salt lake city... they did an ok job but painted in the bearing holes like i told them not to, took me days to dremel the paint out... i guess i got what i paid for though, it was only $50! other that that its a great paint job and it looks sick... oh yeah and that is my garage, we have a lot of bikes, my dad just ordered another one... an intense 6.6 s.s. Its a lot of bikes!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very nice... that looks sick, who did yours? i had some problems with the shop that painted mine... they ignored my very specific instructions to cover up all the bearing holes... like i said, many hours with the dremel. Looks like your guys took a bit more time with it

·
Registered
898 Posts
It was done by a place in Bristol (UK) called Argos. They are very profgessional and do quite a lot of the frame resprays for the country's bike shops. My lbs took care of removing and replacing the bearings but they said that Argos are very good to mask the frame in all the right places. The only small problem I had was that they didn't mask the lower linkage pivot, i.e. where the link plate attaches to the frame. This meant that I couldn't get the link plate to fit and had to scrape the paint off. It was a relatively easy job, once I'd figured out the problem. The other thing was that it wasn't cheap, in all with carriage, the new transfers and labour at the lbs for the bearings and headset etc, it came to £220/$440. But I think it's worth it because it looks like a whole new bike. Going to ride it this Friday!

·
Registered
240 Posts
once you`ve ridden it let me know what the pushed shock is like? thinking of having mine done,and if your ever down afan/glyncorrwg way give me a shout!

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have a push tuned DHX on my Demo 8 and it made a huge difference. I will be over afan/glyncorrwg fairly soon as I want to ride the new energy section on the whites level. I'll drop you a line when I am over.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts