Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK it's prolly getting anyoing making all these thread comparing bikes, but this will be my last until i get a new bike. I'm looking into freeride and just fast fast trailriding. I've narrowed it down to 2 bikes, they are some what the same. the more popular bike is mostlikly going to be the bike i might get. So what do you guys think? SXT or Six? :confused:
Any input is helpful :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
freerider167 said:
OK it's prolly getting anyoing making all these thread comparing bikes, but this will be my last until i get a new bike. I'm looking into freeride and just fast fast trailriding. I've narrowed it down to 2 bikes, they are some what the same. the more popular bike is mostlikly going to be the bike i might get. So what do you guys think? SXT or Six? :confused:
Any input is helpful :)
You know my input.

Although I've busted my rear der. hanger, back brake lost pressure, and my lower shock bolt bent....I'm still stoked on it. The rear der. hanger snappage is a good thing when going through a rock field, the bake brake I'm still trying to figure out, bled it today and it still lost pressure after a few good pumps, the bottom shock bolt mount was because the shock was under sprung when I took it out for a "Real ride" I think...although will see what Norco says.

Attachments

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
i'd go wit the norco six. its just so sexy.

·
Registered
736 Posts
JBsoxB said:
depends if you want to be able to climb or not... :p
She climbs aight.

JB you really need to have experience with the things you talk about and not just be a person who repeats what others have said. I'd do yourself a favor and get a new screen name, don't let anyone know who you are, and start fresh. Not trying to be a d!ck, but take some constructive critisism my man...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The shop I work at sells both. The SX trail is around 34lbs and the Six is around 42 lbs.
The trail climbs and descends better IMHO. The Six is a pig.
O~Hi~O said:
She climbs aight.

JB you really need to have experience with the things you talk about and not just be a person who repeats what others have said. I'd do yourself a favor and get a new screen name, don't let anyone know who you are, and start fresh. Not trying to be a d!ck, but take some constructive critisism my man...

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
34 pounds? Are you smoking crack? I own one and its 40lbs stock. It came in at 38lbs on one scale I didn't trust, so I bought a new digital that has +/- .5lb error. Its 40lbs... sometimes it comes up 39lbs (due to error). The 34 pound enduro would be one of the models with an air shock.. and definitely not the zoke 66 up front..

It does climb really well though.. And it is darn sexy... not to mention those little things like the derailleur protector that attaches to the axel....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the SXT is like the demo 9. I do need to climb and the SXT shock is bigger and longer than the Six so the SXT has a strong lead.

Thanks,
Pat
p.s. btw i'm a guy not a girl.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
dude

O~Hi~O said:
You know my input.

Although I've busted my rear der. hanger, back brake lost pressure, and my lower shock bolt bent....I'm still stoked on it. The rear der. hanger snappage is a good thing when going through a rock field, the bake brake I'm still trying to figure out, bled it today and it still lost pressure after a few good pumps, the bottom shock bolt mount was because the shock was under sprung when I took it out for a "Real ride" I think...although will see what Norco says.
man that sux that you bent your shock bolt. i just sheered my shock bolt after two years of riding i don't know how it happened because it wasn't ever bent. stress over the years i guess. but its easy enough to replace i went to my lbs n it took em an hour to find me one but they did.

·
493 Posts
SX Trail:

Look, I haven't tried a Six. Based on what I know of the designs though, the SX Trail will be a better all around bike for longer riding. If you just want to throw down on the downhills, the Six will certainly rock as well . Have you checked out the geometry of each? It could be a deciding factor.

·
Registered
171 Posts
6" fs bike of the year

six inch full suspension bike of the year was the ...? oh yeah, it was the norco six... i guess it would be a nice bike. the 6 has a little more travel too.

anyways, take the $ you'd save on the 6 and upgrade what you don't like... better wheels, a dhx 5, 66RC, whatever.

both are fine bikes but i'd take the norco istead of the special ed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
SX Trail

I have already replied to your question over at the 'Specialized' forum along with my reasons for preference.

So here it is again:
SX Trail all the way.

Let us know which one you pick at the end.

Pedro

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pedro2005 said:
I have already replied to your question over at the 'Specialized' forum along with my reasons for preference.

So here it is again:
SX Trail all the way.

Let us know which one you pick at the end.

Pedro
Yeah the SXT sounds like a good bike. i would prolly spring for that. if all else fails, i'll get the norco

·
Registered
736 Posts
either way you go, it's better than sitting on here talking about which bike to get. I chose the Six because I got a bro deal with a shop, it's a great bike, my buddy had one last year and I liked the way it rode.

I can't speak for the sx, but the sx looks like a fun bike too.

Just flip a coin, both bikes are trick!

BTW, the six comes with the 66vf option if you want a sick fork. Again, I chose the Z1 for general riding, and I"m going to pick up a shiver for my trips to the dh spots.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah they are both sick, but the Six comes with a 66vf as an option but it cost more too. if i get the SX Trail i will prolly conver the 66r to a 66rc if that is possible. Anyways we will see which bike i get.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
my next bike is probably going to be an SXT.... unless some other company comes out with a sick bike that is similar.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.