Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter's done and the Studded Dillingers aren't needed for the trails. I want to switch out to the Knards. I first went tubeless with the Dillingers. What should my procedures be to switch the tires? Do I need to remove the gorilla tape and foam and wipe all the Stan's from the rims surfaces before I install the Knards, and make them tubeless? Do I just remove the Dillingers, wipe up the excess, install and bead the Knards then add the appropriate amount of Stan's?

Be gentle, I'm a fatty virgin here...

Thanks.

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
If you are not losing air with the Dillingers, I would just mount the Knards. If you have everything air and Stans tight right now, more than likely it will hold with the Knards too. You figure if you put it together and you have to redo it, you're in the same spot you were from the beginning anyway.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
What jisch said.

I had Larry's setup tubeless on Large Marge rims with Gorilla Tape. Eventually swapped them out for knards. I just dismounted the old, mounted the new, added stans and rolled on.

Been fine like that for about 3 months now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.