Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.facebook.com/groups/evilbikes/permalink/1057762797746382/

Has anyone seen the post on the facebook group about switching the dog bone links to change the travel. The example is 161mm on an Insurgent but curious about other possibilities.

There are pictures and claims that it works.

IF this works could you get all three travel configuration out of an Offering? Using the dog bone links of the MB and Wreckoning, with the appropriate shock size as well.

Anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've thought about this but never tried it. I feel like it would be tough on the FMB and Wrecker since some people are already rubbing with some larger tires. Curious to hear if anyone has played around with the calling or if they confirm it works on the insurgent.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you read the facebook post the guy claims that it works and shows a picture at full bottom out with clearance. (insurgent with wreckoning links) He also has a couple rides on it as well apparently.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i can't see since the group is private but thx for the detail, was curious which ones he used. I would be really curious to know if you could put calling delta links and shock on a FMB and get another 10mm of travel...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i can't see since the group is private but thx for the detail, was curious which ones he used. I would be really curious to know if you could put calling delta links and shock on a FMB and get another 10mm of travel...
Ok "official slash unofficial " word from a well respected EVIL source is it's not worth it. Sorry for bringing it up!

·
Registered
152 Posts
What offset are you using? Seem really slack head angle with low setting and 29er in front. Can you get weight and grip on the front in not so steep trails? Climbing?
51mm offset. No problem weighting the front wheel. No wondering on steep climbs either. Geometry is similar to the Offering except for shorter reach and wheelbase. Offering is spec'd with 51mm offset fork as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.