Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone switching front to rear, and rear to front to even out the wear of your tires? I 'm running the 2.1 Weirwolfs on front and back, and wondering if I should switch them.

TIA

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check out the September 2004 issue of Mountain Bike Action magazine. They actually said never rotate forward but sometimes rotate rearward. I don't know how valid that is but I bet you Shiggy would know. I haven't notice any problems with rotated tires.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
S-Works said:
anyone switching front to rear, and rear to front to even out the wear of your tires? I 'm running the 2.1 Weirwolfs on front and back, and wondering if I should switch them.

TIA
Do not rotate them. You want to keep your best tire on the front. If you are using the same tire f & r, as you are, when the rear tire wears out you can move the front to the rear and put a new tire on the front.

·
I love Pisgah
3,406 Posts
Because you always want the best tire of the 2 up front. The front does all the steering, and most of the braking, at least when it counts. The rear always wears faster(easier to skid, climbing, etc), so typically its always gonna have less tread then the front. This is the same reason many run a smaller rear then front.

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Shiggy

shiggy©®™ said:
Do not rotate them. You want to keep your best tire on the front. If you are using the same tire f & r, as you are, when the rear tire wears out you can move the front to the rear and put a new tire on the front.
That answers my question!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.