Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amateur bike mechanic looking to switch out the 9speed Shimano rear Derailleur on my MTB and replace it with SRAM 9 speed. I just want to make sure this will be compatible with the Shimano shifters before I commit to anything. Can someone help me out? What do I need to know?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Most Sram derailleurs are a 1:1 pull while Shimanos are 2:1, so it won't work. You will need new Shimano shifters or SRam Attack shifters which are a 2:1 pull.

·
Trail Tire TV on blogger
4,237 Posts
Most Sram derailleurs are a 1:1 pull while Shimanos are 2:1, so it won't work. You will need new Shimano shifters or SRam Attack shifters which are a 2:1 pull.
LOL.. he's got it backward... you'd need a new Shimano derailleur to go with your current shifters or need SRAM shifters to go with the new SRAM derailleur....

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
LOL.. he's got it backward... you'd need a new Shimano derailleur to go with your current shifters or need SRAM shifters to go with the new SRAM derailleur....
Oops. You're right. For some reason, I read he was switching to a Shimano rear derailleur. Not sure where I got that from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts