Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had it. For the last 9 rides straight I have flated the rear. I replaced the tube last night and when I got in my truck this morning, the tire was flat again. Of course no tubes left. I have checked everything, burs, rim tape, extra careful when replacing. I am using racing ralphs.

My question - I am running Mavic 317's with Hugi 240 disk hubs. If I wanted go UST, would I have to replace all the spokes? I am 220lbs

TIA

·
(enter witty phrase here)
2,250 Posts
Mudman said:
I replaced the tube last night and when I got in my truck this morning, the tire was flat again.
Huh? You're saying a new tube went flat overnight all by itself?
If so, then either you have something poking it from the rim or tire. Or you're installing it wrong. Possibly pinching the tube between the tire bead and rim.

Have you inspected the tubes?
Where are the flats? Top, bottom, side?
All in the same spots? If so, using the valve stem as a reference, you can locate on the rim or tire approx where the problem is.
Are they snakebites, blowouts or pinholes?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are all over the place. Different places and sizes. Last night I took the tire completely off and washed the rim. Then with a my hand went over the entire rim (inside) to check for burs or pebbles etc. I also checked for a spoke pooking/loose thru. Nada. I am sure last night was I grabbed a bad tube - but the 9 other times is too much for me. I never flat on the road, but my whole MTB life I have flated often (three different bikes). I am a big guy so I am sure that is part of it.

I am thinking about leaving tubes and going with strips/selant or UST rims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.