Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like I won't be able to afford the geared 29er I had my eye on(unless someone wants to trade their 29er hardtail for my 26er Jekyll? :) ). So I'm stuck using my 26er geared for (difficult) race days. I plan on using the Monocog 29er for my local singletrack races, since I live in Iowa and there are no mountains to climb here. However, I'm planning on hitting Chequamegon again and possibly another out of state mtn bike race. I am going to use my geared 26er for those. How big of a learning curve will there be if I ride my MC29er mostly and don't log many hours on the 26er(hardtail)? Does anyone else still ride both?

Thanks for you input.

·
no fat chicks
774 Posts
that is a very good question
one that i've often pondered myself
i have come to my own personal conclusion that switching back to 26" bikes causes cancer and diabetes to occur simultaneously in the offending rider's body

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
iliketoridebikes said:
that is a very good question
one that i've often pondered myself
i have come to my own personal conclusion that switching back to 26" bikes causes cancer and diabetes to occur simultaneously in the offending rider's body
We 29'er riders already knew that...it's old news..:D

R.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
learning curve? no offense, but it is still a bike with wheels and works the same way. there will be no problem.

wheelsize the same or not, switching to any new bike requires adjusment. Adjusting my riding cause I go from my hardtail 29er to my 6" travel FS has NOTHING to do with the fact the wheels are different....that is among the least of the differences requiring adjustment.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=259602

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.