Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Steel is Real
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a large TNT Turner Sultan and am planning on getting an Intense Tracer 29. The turner fits me a little small but well. I am 6'4" with a 34" inseam and was wondering if id be better off with a large t29 or an xl t29? any advice is appreciated

·
Steel is Real
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
selling it along with a reba 29 sl fork and King headset

·
Registered
2019 Salsa Horsethief; Mone La Roca (V1)
844 Posts
It really depends on the ETT on the Sultan. It sounds like you wouldn't want a shorter ETT on the Tracer. IMO, 6'4" and 34" inseam usually means XL, but it all depends on your preferences and riding conditions/style.

·
Steel is Real
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LBIkid said:
It really depends on the ETT on the Sultan. It sounds like you wouldn't want a shorter ETT on the Tracer. IMO, 6'4" and 34" inseam usually means XL, but it all depends on your preferences and riding conditions/style.

Agreed, i think im going to move toward a shorter stem aswell. I run a 100mm stem right now and id like to get more of an All mountain feel out of my bike rather than racy/xc

It's about 1" bump up in the TT from 24.5" to 25.5"

·
Steel is Real
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think i have decided on an Xl, get to demo one tomorrow

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm 6'2.5" with 80.5" reach (ape sounds, here) and 34" inseam. My 2010 XL Tracer VP fit me perfectly. I switched between 50 and 70mm stems but could have gone longer if I didn't like jumping on trails. Also, my knees would barely touch the handlebars when I wore thick kneepads and got out of the saddle, using the 50mm. I'm selling it, btw...
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts