Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Enthusiast
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am riding today in Munising's 4th of July parade with the local bicycle club. Had to decide which bike to ride. My son and his friend went downstairs to check my inventory, and their decision was clear and unanimous: my Gary Fisher Hifi 29er looks too wimpy, and I should ride my 26er Enduro SL. I'm forced to agree. I'd love to ride the 29er. Really. But the kids are right. The Hifi just doesn't have the right "look". So it will be 26-inches just for today.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Wear a good helmet, extra pads and make sure you hydrate before and during the ride. Make it home safe.Take care.
Let us know afterwards.

When are you teaching the youngsters what a big bike can do?

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
See, you knew you kept the Enduro around for something.

·
Enthusiast
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The parade was good. My daughter has some photos. I'll see if I can get one to upload.

Weather was great -- not very hot at all where I live. It feels in the 70s.

I did take water. I did wear a helmet--couldn't set a bad example for all the kids along the route. (Besides, my helmet goes well with the bike :) ). We all had fun. One of the other riders was on her just-newly-bought-yesterday Trek 69er. She's got an awesome bike: black frame + white Fox fork + excellent components. I took a quick spin on it. It seems to ride and handle very well.

The Enduro's back up hanging on its hook in the basement. My 29er hybrid is outside by the door in case I need to run somewhere this afternoon. I'm back in 29er mode!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.