Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it makes sense to share some pictures & experiences between SB V2 owners.

Here are some pictures of my large SB V2 that I took during our vacation on Madeira.

IMG_3308.jpg
IMG_3253.jpg
IMG_3335.jpg

First issue I have is that the lower shock bushing has play after only 4-5 rides. Anyone else has play in the rear end?
My V1 Switchblade had the same bushings for nearly 3 years without any issues. I'll take the shock out this weekend and get in contact with my Pivot dealer on Monday.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had time to take a closer look today at the issue with the play in the rear end. Turns out that my lower shock screw has play within the bushing.
I'm pretty sure that was an issue from the beginning. I guess just a tolerance issue that should be no big deal to get replaced/fixed.

IMG_3384.jpg

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already got an answer with a fix.
The lower shock screw needs to be tightened with 16nm instead of the recommended 13nm. Now the problem seems to be gone.

Apparently this happened before so might be worth checking when you have your new bike.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm going to pull the trigger on one this week assuming theyre available. Really torn on color, would prefer the green but the blue may look better with the build kit that's going on it. Have some silver accents with the cane creek ti cranks, xtr 4 piston brakes, and silver I9's on my Enve's. Going to run A Lyrik and a Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil. Hopefully one one isn't available in XL so that can make the decision for me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few more things from my side.

Race Face Next R Cranks: I installed the upgrade cranks (supplied by Pivot). One thick and one thin spacer on each side works out well and gives the correct chain line.
IMG_3426.jpg

Seat Post Cable: The original Jagwire cable housing is pretty thin (I believe its 4mm). This means it's not well clamped and things become noise pretty quickly. I switched to a 5mm Shimano cable which improved things. Would still be interested in how others handle this issue (it's the same on every Pivot frame I believe).
IMG_3427.jpg

I also installed a -1 angle set from Works components. Good improvement. I wonder if -1.5 would have been even better.
IMG_3423.jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts

220/200mm Hope rotors, 30t Wolftooth chainring, OneUp composite flats, tubeless and fully Ridewrapped. Have a few items left to install like crank boots, 35mm rise Renthal Fatbar and Apex stem, Chromag Squarewave XL grips and Trailmaster DT seat. I’ll give the stock seat/bars a chance first though.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got the new bike home. I hung it on my scale and I was surprised it’s reading 34.0lbs. Anyone else have an XL that they’ve weighed?

This is an XL Team XTR with 30t Wolftooth chainring, 220/203mm Hope floating rotors, Ridewrap vinyl kit, OneUp composite pedals, Raceface crank boots, Renthal Carbon 35mm rise Fatbar with Chromag Squarewave XL grips, tires converted to tubeless and Shockwiz attached. I guess some of that stuff adds up fast but according to specs should only have added 1.5lbs and shoukd have maybe lost a little with the tubeless conversion. Anyone else have an XL, what’s it weigh? 32.5lb shipping weight seem about right?

I’m not a weight weenie, just a bike geek. My scale might be inaccurate too, it’s a cheapo Performance Tools hanging unit rated for 600lbs so bicycles are definitely very low on it’s spectrum.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My XL Pro XT with xt pedals weighed 32.9 on my bathroom digital scales. I replaced the DHRII with a Mountain King so it would roll and dropped a pound. It's a pig but it's a fun pig!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just got mine today. Blue size L. Came off of a 2018 mach 6, the sb is so much fun to ride. I am looking at carbon wheels for my next upgrade.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Question, I was surprised my Team XTR build didn’t come with the i-spec shifter/brake clamp. Did anyone else’s? Is there an adapter I can use to integrate them without changing components?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Question, I was surprised my Team XTR build didn’t come with the i-spec shifter/brake clamp. Did anyone else’s? Is there an adapter I can use to integrate them without changing components?
Shimano part number Y0FA98050
Retail is $51.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine did both brake and dropper

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Had to warranty the raceface cranks because they were clicking like crazy. While doing that picked up an absolute black chain ring

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bike looks great, same color I went with and I have to say I don’t think pictures do this color of blue justice!
How did you come up with the number of spacers on each side with the race face next r crank install? Does anyone know how pivot is setting up the spacers to optimize chainline?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 426 Posts