Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded my frame and I am moving all components over and I need some instruction on how to remove disc brake cable housing from my frame? I have looked all over google trying to find some info, no go, do you have to cut the end off, or does it screw off? thanks for any instruction or input, the more detail the better.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
On my Switchblade, the cable guides are open from factory. So you just have to cut the zip tie.

I figure you got the line through one of the drilled cable stops originally for vee brakes so you have to actually slide the line off the guide.

It depends on the type of brake hose and how the brake line end fittings are. Most are pressed in so you have to actually cut the LEVER SIDE off, press a new fitting and just reconnect the cable.

DO NOT CUT THE HOSE AT THE CALIPER END OR YOU'LL HAVE TO BLEED THE WHOLE BRAKE!!!!

Read the FAQ on the Brake Forum on how to do it. Please provide more details... brand of brakes, type of hose, pics if possible, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.