Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was threading my air pump onto the spv valve of my manitou swinger, I hear air just being released. As I look closely, the area where the air pump gets threaded on has started to rip off. By the time I had the pump off, the whole red SPV valve had come right off. Is this a problem others have had with their swingers? How has Manitou handled if this has happened to you? Figures this happened the day before my first race of the year.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have never heard of such a thing happening. Seems you just got a shock with some manufacturing defect. Give manitou a call. They have great CS and should get yoy a fix or replacement rather quick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Manitou customer services

Unfortunately I cannot second the thought about Manitou customer service. Sit on hold and wait wait wait. Leave a message - no call back. Hope it works out for you, because that nasty broken part is uncalled-for!.

·
Registered
415 Posts
That sux, now I understand what you were saying. My 4-way has been absolutely flawless.

When my SPV assembly in my Minute 2 started making the clunking noise I called Manitou warranty department. After one 5 minute phone call, Manitou had a 05 SPV Evolve assembly at my house in 5 working days (no charge, of course). Give them a call, hopefully you will have the same great service I had and not what NeilK had.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
115 Posts
slomoking said:
That sux, now I understand what you were saying. My 4-way has been absolutely flawless.

When my SPV assembly in my Minute 2 started making the clunking noise I called Manitou warranty department. After one 5 minute phone call, Manitou had a 05 SPV Evolve assembly at my house in 5 working days (no charge, of course). Give them a call, hopefully you will have the same great service I had and not what NeilK had.

Keep us posted.
Clunking noise ? My swinger is rattling, there is a post here about rattling swingers. Is this common for SPV assembly to rattle ? How can this be fixed ?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phone number for manitou?

NeilKamman said:
Unfortunately I cannot second the thought about Manitou customer service. Sit on hold and wait wait wait. Leave a message - no call back. Hope it works out for you, because that nasty broken part is uncalled-for!.
Thanks. The worst part was that I had read that some had problems with dethreading the SPV air valve on their swingers since it was made of aluminium and was somewhat soft, so I had been trying to handle it with care and trying not to be a beast with it.

I left a message on saturday, and although I was not expecting them to call me over the weekend, I was hoping for a call back yesterday, but no such luck. Maybe today... I will give them the cudos for having some pretty good music playing while on hold!!!!!

Those who have had a positive experience dealing with manitou, can you tell me who you talked to and what their phone number/extension was? Thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
bellullabob said:
Thanks. The worst part was that I had read that some had problems with dethreading the SPV air valve on their swingers since it was made of aluminium and was somewhat soft, so I had been trying to handle it with care and trying not to be a beast with it.

I left a message on saturday, and although I was not expecting them to call me over the weekend, I was hoping for a call back yesterday, but no such luck. Maybe today... I will give them the cudos for having some pretty good music playing while on hold!!!!!

Those who have had a positive experience dealing with manitou, can you tell me who you talked to and what their phone number/extension was? Thanks.
I just got off the phone with Bobby at Answer. # 1-800-423-0273. I did sit on hold for 30 minutes though, so patience is a virtue. But once I was dealing with Bobby, it took all of 5 minutes to have replacement lowers for my Black Platinum forks to be on their way to me. All under warranty. Might have them tomorrow.Great customer service.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Manitou Customer Service

I did get through to Manitou. Very helpful. They even stayed on the phone while I went to go get my tools and shock and talked me through some stuff and send out a replacement part no questions asked. Nice. Very nice indeed! As soon as I got off the phone, the guy who I had left a message with on saturday called me too.

Besides the wait when calling, I give their customer service an A+

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.