Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 vt2 with the 3 way swinger air. It wouldn't hold air for more than a day or two. I sent it in for a rebuild (Manitou was quick and treated me good) but it still doesn't hold air. I know I'm not loosing pressure when I remove the pump because it starts out with whatever sag I put it at and then the sag just gets lower as time goes by. Two days ago I pumped it up to 220 for a friend to sit on it which gave me 10% or less sag. I just sat on it and the sag is 40-50%. Is this a common problem with the swingers?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
No problems with mine, but all air shocks can suffer this problem - it's just down to sealing in the end. Because the air volume is generally low in a shock, even the slightest leak will reduce pressure. It's a potential weakness of air v coil. From what I've read Manitou Swingers and Fox Floats are about on a par for reliability, both having good reputations. You just need to get it serviced and it should be ok. Could just be a leaky valve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.