Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have to replace the bars on my SIR 9, currently running Titec 118's since they were in my parts bin when I built it up. I want to go with something wider and with more sweep, so I'm currently planning on Salsa pro moto 17 degree. How much longer of stem would I need to correct for the sweep, or since it changes your hand position does it cancel out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up a set of tha Salsa 17 degree bars too, cut mine down to 650mm. It took a while to dial them in. Depending on how much upsweep you like, I'd plan on running at least 1.5 to 2 cm longer stem. I also I'd try to borrow some stems and really dial it in before committing, as far as the position, a wider bar sometimes necessitates a shorter stem, to correct for posture and positioning,

sweet bars, enjoy

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Given that they are also wider than your 118's (right?), stem adjustment may be less than one would guess based on back sweep alone.
When you start adjusting, make absolutely sure you've got the seat where you want it.

I lust for trying the 17º Salsa's too...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.