Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fellas?
I was hoping for some input on creating a sweet all around heckler suspension. currently it is set up too much like my superlight(float 100/sid air shock? lame) 4" of travel.

I just bought the bike and want an all mountain slayer, drops/jumps/you name it. good riding. 5" travel.

in the left corner in white...weighing in at 155 LBS .

I seem to think that a 5th element coil and a Fox Vanilla RLC would do the job nicely. and not having to spend too much. Before I spend the cabbage I wanted ask what your opinions/ideas/theories are.

thanks for your posts...enjoy the ride.
RJ

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Platform fork

rjheckler said:
Whats up fellas?
I was hoping for some input on creating a sweet all around heckler suspension. currently it is set up too much like my superlight(float 100/sid air shock? lame) 4" of travel.

I just bought the bike and want an all mountain slayer, drops/jumps/you name it. good riding. 5" travel.

in the left corner in white...weighing in at 155 LBS .

I seem to think that a 5th element coil and a Fox Vanilla RLC would do the job nicely. and not having to spend too much. Before I spend the cabbage I wanted ask what your opinions/ideas/theories are.

thanks for your posts...enjoy the ride.
RJ
I like the feel of suspension when it hits bumps with the same feel front to rear. I'd go with a platform fork to better match the feel of a platform shock. The Minute-1 (coil) is probably the closest match to a 5th Element coil (or Manitou Swinger coil which uses 5th E design), it uses the same platform design.

- ray

·
Wannabe Endurance Racer
52 Posts
derby said:
I like the feel of suspension when it hits bumps with the same feel front to rear. I'd go with a platform fork to better match the feel of a platform shock. The Minute-1 (coil) is probably the closest match to a 5th Element coil (or Manitou Swinger coil which uses 5th E design), it uses the same platform design.

- ray
Mine is set up with a 5th Element Coil and a Sherman Firefly. I can scale hills no problem and huck off of things with abandon. It's a great set-up.

·
Ride on
639 Posts
MInute stiff enough?

I have a Vanilla RL 130 fork and I like the plushness and the stiffness. I'm not too crazy about the bob while hammering though. Will a Minute fork handle this? And is it as stiff as a Vanilla? My instincts say no, since it has smaller diameter stanchions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.