Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
skeptic

:thumbsup: Nice. You're welcome. Of course it would be a great way to promote your own bikes - who hasn't thought of that before? Why bother though? If I had this bike for sale, I would have posted it in the classifieds, no?

Setting aside your skepticism for just a moment, maybe I'm just a guy who ran across a classic ride and wanted to share it with the rest of this saavy bike community, in the classic, vintage, retro forum. . .

- t.t.o.

P.S. Looking for a PAUL front derailleur in ano blue and I.R.D. 8 speed cassette or equivalent - thanks!

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
twelvethirtyone said:
:thumbsup: Nice. You're welcome. Of course it would be a great way to promote your own bikes - who hasn't thought of that before? Why bother though? If I had this bike for sale, I would have posted it in the classifieds, no?

Setting aside your skepticism for just a moment, maybe I'm just a guy who ran across a classic ride and wanted to share it with the rest of this saavy bike community, in the classic, vintage, retro forum. . .

- t.t.o.

P.S. Looking for a PAUL front derailleur in ano blue and I.R.D. 8 speed cassette or equivalent - thanks!
Connect the dots, dude. Your first post on this website is promoting the sale of a bike. I don't mind being called a skeptic in this situation.

You'll find the peeps on this site are a bit of a community. We all ***** and moan... but we realize the value in this site and support those who run it. The $2 required to run an add ain't much - and we're glad to pay it to promote our shyte.

Welcome to the clan.:thumbsup:

·
just 1 more
1,153 Posts
Williwoods said:
uh your not supposed to out a classified. Its bad style for us who collect, like the reason that magicians dont share their tricks.

btw I think that one is long gone:D
VRC things get outed fairly regularly it seems. Depends on who's interested in it eh :confused: Nobody jumped the guy who outed the nice Sierra on CL a couple of days ago :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, you're right - as a 1st post it looks suspicious. I've been reading longer than I've been posting, to be sure - but wait, let me get this straight, williwoods is calling me on bad form for outing a classified? It was craigslist, not crap ebay listing - and as I recall, it's the last bike you need - don't you already have one or two or six anyway willi? relax. Don't be a hater - I've still got B dots I got from you and Kiwi I think it was. . .

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
no no your all wrong that ti bike is the ONE bike I need, well other than a cx bonti but hey that should be no problem after I score the ti in price anyway.

I think my aquisitions will drop huge once I get that bike. I really cant think of anything else so important.

I think Im just gonna be content for a long while. its the last bike i'll need for at least 20 - 30 years.

thats what I tell the wife anyway.............

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
Williwoods said:
no no your all wrong that ti bike is the ONE bike I need, well other than a cx bonti but hey that should be no problem after I score the ti in price anyway.

I think my aquisitions will drop huge once I get that bike. I really cant think of anything else so important.

I think Im just gonna be content for a long while. its the last bike i'll need for at least 20 - 30 years.

thats what I tell the wife anyway.............
your lookin for a small?

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
If it'll help at all....from what I can tell, twelvethirtyone and the Craigslist TiLite are from two different places not close to each other.

And...I think that bike is over priced. :D

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I for one am glad someone "outed " a Miyata Elevation 10,000 a few months ago. Living in Seattle I woulda never known about it clear over in DC. I understand the concept but it works both ways. I figure if I get outbid or "out- quicked", it wasn't my time to get it.

·
I picked two too many
766 Posts
I agree

Rumpfy said:
If it'll help at all....from what I can tell, twelvethirtyone and the Craigslist TiLite are from two different places not close to each other.

And...I think that bike is over priced. :D
About 500 over . . . at least. Too mucha. 15" = Medium.

But, if you want something bad enough . . . you'll pay almost 2000 for a Klein frame.

Did I say that?

heh, heh.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
MrOrange said:
About 500 over . . . at least. Too mucha. 15" = Medium.

But, if you want something bad enough . . . you'll pay almost 2000 for a Klein frame.

Did I say that?

heh, heh.
Yeah, I'm not so sure about you Klein guys. :skep: ;)

But at least you get stellar paint with it. :D

I can't help but to use my buddies TiLite as the bench mark for those though...$1000 for a complete decked out bike.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yeah I wanted this one bad enough. What you guys dont know is yeah its a little high priced but im getting a chris king wheelset as well with the deal. Plus a ssm bontrager ti saddle, all the pauls goodies I would ever care for, a threadless 1" bontrager crowned judy. To me I love the bontrager geometry it is the most desirable mtb to me and worth the money. The ti-lites are very hard to find and the longer time goes by the less likely I will be to find one. I see this bike as a good deal. Plus like someone else said not too long ago , there is something to the idea of a frame lasting 20-30 years.

and hollister no Im not looking for a small, how dare you tempt me at this point.

Will

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Forum Cops

I went away for a day or two but it looks like detective Rumfy has determined that I am not the author of the CL ad. Whew. One clarification: I DO live relatively close to that listing, - I think it was in San Francisco and I'm in Santa Cruz. Also, for the record, I would never sell my Ti Lite although Willi - I do know of one in the rafters of one of my neighbor's garage - he prefers his Merlin and MB1 and I think he just bought a Turner so he may be looking to make some room sometime soon. It's a Medium I think, old school build, may even still be threaded. I bet he'll want to move it by the end of the year. . .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.