Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
When we were building one of the hotels near that auto center I looked at those curved street sculptures and wished I was good enough to risk the cactus damage.

·
DFL>DNF>DNS
3,352 Posts
That flashed me back about 20 years!! I wear a helmet now, but sure didn't back then. Never even considered it. We usually only wore helmets when 1/4 & 1/2 pipe riding or at an officially sponsored event where they were mandatory. Disclaimer: I was nowhere near as good as the riders in this video & mainly rode flatland with an occasional venture into dirt jumping & street style!!

Pretty cool to see PHX represented in a slick street style vid. Tons of potential around the Valley.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I only recognized a few of those spots. We rampaged the NW valley on our BMX bikes since I moved here in '81. The valley churns out quite a few super talented street guys. These films are great-no competition, no rules, no attitudes ('cept from the renta-cops) affairs. Shows the real raw passion and fun that makes most of us want to ride underneath all the helmets, padded shorts, computers and monster bikes.

I know this is and MTB forum, so I wondered how the vid would be recieved. Glad to see some likes!

·
Don't believe the Hype...
830 Posts
Badass. Love that drainage spot with the all the graffiti. Anyone know where that's at? It's close to a freeway.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great video! What is the music in the background,does anyone know? It reminds me of my favorite band back in the 80's; Siouxsie and the Banshees. I would love to know who this is. I was hoping for credits at the end but didn't see any....

·
It's a Sledgehammer.
357 Posts
I thought it actually *was* souxsie and the banshees.. It was a damn good song for that video. LOVE LOVE LOVE the bmx videos these days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts