Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the Sweeney Ridge ride today.
Rode along the coast, starting at the Pacifica Pier, and made my way up, out of the fog, to the top of Sweeney Ridge.
Most Excellent for sure. :cornet:
Lotsa Flowers, lizards, tons of 'em!, Hawks, Squirrels, and NO ONE ELSE around. :confused:
Hope you got sum too.
G
Out

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/476377906'></iframe>

Sorry for the crappy iPHONE pix.
But you get the idea.

1.jpg

6.jpg

1 squrl.jpg

4 hawk.jpg

2 squirll.jpg

3 hawk.jpg

pretty flower 2.jpg

pretty flower 1.jpg

north 2.jpg

looking north.jpg

iris.jpg

7 pano.jpg

5 Rockaway.jpg

2 hawk.jpg

portola sign.jpg

sweeney pix.jpg

iris 2.jpg

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
To bad you missed the fun trails over there ;) Was hanging out that way myself after work yesterday :thumbsup:

·
Is this thing on?
558 Posts
Great ride! I was up there Sunday. The great weather meant it was crowded. I went up Sneath, down Baquiano, up and over San Pedro Mtn. to Montara. Came back through Devil's slide, up Mori Ridge (that is fooking steep) and down Sneath. The total was just over 30 miles. I've lived in San Bruno for close to three years but never rode over to Pacifica:madman:. It'll be my go to ride from home now.

portola marker.jpg

·
Paper or plastic?
10,127 Posts
Dang, I need to go back. I hate that climb back, but the DH is sweet. I could do an after work ride next week. I start from San Bruno at the Sneath ln parking lot if anybody wants to wait for a slow guy.

·
YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To bad you missed the fun trails over there ;) Was hanging out that way myself after work yesterday :thumbsup:

HEY!
Your not supposed to show others our goods. ;)
Did that run last friday and decide to go the other way yesterday, just to mix it up.
Good on ya Jeff!!
See you at the Otter?

G

·
Great ride! I was up there Sunday. The great weather meant it was crowded. I went up Sneath, down Baquiano, up and over San Pedro Mtn. to Montara. Came back through Devil's slide, up Mori Ridge (that is fooking steep) and down Sneath. The total was just over 30 miles. I've lived in San Bruno for close to three years but never rode over to Pacifica:madman:. It'll be my go to ride from home now.

View attachment 883956
Sweet pics all!
I did a similar route from my house near Sneath on Saturday (Baquiano was soaked!) but did a loop to catch mile and boyscout trails. Also snuck in some water crossings through the creek just south of Taco Bell where the creek runs down the beach. 32 miles and 4800'. Pretty lucky to have such scenic riding close to home. :thumbsup:

·
YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What was I thinking :D

Otters not my scene, but have fun!
Yeah I'm only good there every other year but now we go ride somewhere before, ;) ;), then hit up THE SHOW only for drinks, gurls, and swag, plus a great Mexican meal in Old Salinas on the way back.
Truly an EPIC day.
Will will be there and we're hoping Greg Long will show too.
You will be missed, but we will drink in your honor.
You are truly one of the of the best.
GoGo

78327-341-016f-1.jpg

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
It is actually a pretty fun hang, used to ride in from the east side of Ord with a big pack pack for swag and make a day out of riding and hanging out, stopped once started charging just to hang out. That Hippie will probably just drive by with his KTM on his way to Hollister ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts