Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about heading south from Huntsville, AL Sunday looking for some warmer weather. How well does Swayback Bridge drain? Will it be ok to ride Sunday? Some local knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Not Smart Enough to Quit
644 Posts
If it doesn't rain a TON Saturday, it should be ok. As Charlie said, it drains pretty well for the most part. The fire road that goes in under the big sign gets sloppy in the winter, but that's only about a half mile or so. There a couple other short areas that can hold a bit of water, but not too bad

If we get 2"+ on Saturday, I might rethink it.

·
n3rd
253 Posts
There's one spot in particular on that jeep road, if you try and cut out of a full black loop and go through that little three way area (believe there is a CRC sign up in the area I'm talking about), if it's wet your tire sinks like a full 3 inches into thick thick red clay mud.

I was planning on heading up that way this weekend but decided to keep it closer to home and ride the Troy Dothan trails.

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
Charlie - you're right on the red clay. You can take a bypass if you go 10 feet further. Just hop off and carry the bike - that red clay is tacky stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.