Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '07 yeti 575 medium and because I'm 5"6 , I'm just not feeling it on the technical stuff . Therefore I'm playing with the idea of selling the yeti frameset and buying a small one instead . I've been looking @ an '07Ellsworth moment small frame and swapping out the components . I'd hate to close the deal blindly . Anyone in listland that would be able to provide me with a little advice on the differences on the two frames . I'd be grateful .
Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow erik you are one amazing dude! Have you tried either Yeti 575 or Ellsworth Moment, that's what the OP was asking.

OP ICT climb and go downhill very well, unless you are a pedal masher you don't need to set the propedal because it does not bob. With 6" travel it's still feel very nimble even with the 6" Fox 36 fork cleaning tight switch back was easy. The one I rode has DHX-Air 5.0 very nice match the bike feel bottomless. It does take a while to set up correctly my friend actually had his psi written down on the shock before handing it over to me to set up, before that I only tried fox coil shock but the DHX-A was quite impressive.

I remember comparing it to my Mojo and the bike corner surprisingly well, and on loose rocky climb it has tons of traction may be it's the deeper sag but the rear just keep planting on the terrain. Before I bought my Nomad C I tested out a few bikes I tried the 575 it's similar to my Mojo. I remember considering Moment and Tracer VP one of the reason was they were both made in USA but when Nomad was available I got the NMC instead.

Good luck,

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
The 575 size fit is very different than most other bikes. A medium 575 is commonly the same as a large size top tube and wheelbase of other bikes, and fit's about 5'10 to 6'1 riders.

A medium size Ellsworth is about the same fit as a small 575.

·
Registered
172 Posts
derby said:
The 575 size fit is very different than most other bikes. A medium 575 is commonly the same as a large size top tube and wheelbase of other bikes, and fit's about 5'10 to 6'1 riders.

A medium size Ellsworth is about the same fit as a small 575.
Thank you, I felt the same I thought that 575 feel a bit big and stretch out, it's on the opposite end of Mojo which a med feel like other's small easy to move the bike around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.