Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have a couple of bikes - a 2017 Slash 9.8 and a 2017 Fuel EX 9.8. Both have Line Comp 30 wheels. I may have to buy new wheels for the Fuel (well, a new wheel, but I might as well upgrade both).

BUT... if I decided to put the new wheels on the Slash, could I swap out the existing XD driver from the current Lin Comp Slash wheel with the XT driver from the hub of the damaged wheel from the Fuel? Then I could use the new wheels on the bike I'm going to be riding more over the next while....

I'm hoping it's possible, but this wheel building stuff is a bit of a dark art to me....

·
Super Moderator
4,927 Posts
Hey all. I have a couple of bikes - a 2017 Slash 9.8 and a 2017 Fuel EX 9.8. Both have Line Comp 30 wheels. I may have to buy new wheels for the Fuel (well, a new wheel, but I might as well upgrade both).

BUT... if I decided to put the new wheels on the Slash, could I swap out the existing XD driver from the current Lin Comp Slash wheel with the XT driver from the hub of the damaged wheel from the Fuel? Then I could use the new wheels on the bike I'm going to be riding more over the next while....

I'm hoping it's possible, but this wheel building stuff is a bit of a dark art to me....
This is the Trek parts diagram for a 2017 Line Comp 29 wheelset:
Line Font Technology Parallel Lens

If your part numbers are the same it should be possible to swap them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.