Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there are any issues swapping between wheelsets that have 10-42 and 11-42 cassettes please? Currently running hubs with an SD driver / 10-42 but wanting to get some cheapish training wheels... and there are loads with standard 11 speed 11-42 that seem nice. I'm guessing I might need to adjust a bit for shifting, but hoping there's no compatibility issues? Thanks very much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been swapping between xt 11-42 and xx1 10-42 using xtr 11 speed shifter and derailleur with good results. The hubs you use might mean you might need to adjust the limit screws a little. I use a shimano xt wheelset for the 11-42 and dt240 hub with xd driver for the 10-42 without any adjustments needed. Just my personal experience.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Chain length and B screw are set on the largest cogs so small cogs make no diff. However, whenever swapping wheels there may be slight position difference of the cassette. Usually a couple of clicks of cable tension one way or the other is all that might be required. On rare occasion, you may need to adjust the limit screws too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have NX1 11-42 on my stock wheels and XO1 10-42 on my Carbon wheelset. When swapping out I have to adjust limits and cable tension, both are DT Swiss hubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.