Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have an older Bridgestone MB-4 bike with Mountain LX on the back and some kind of biopace on the front. I also have an REI Novara that unfortunately had a conversation with an overhang while it was on our roof rack ... so now I have some parts.

Would it 1) be possible and 2) be worth it to replace some of the older gear on my Bridgestone with the parts from the Novara? I was thinking the front "gears," maybe the rear derailluer, wheels, etc. I am not sure if all the parts are compatable, but I know once I get started it all probably should be done.

My alternative ... as posted in the Beginner forum ... is to purchase a Scott Aspect 60 and be done with the other bikes.

One hesitation is that the Bridgestone is one size too small for me. But all I really need is a bike to ride in the dirt with my kids, so that is not a big deal (and why I am looking at entry level bikes).

Thanks for any and all input.

drn92

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I would normally agree, but since he only wants the bike to ride in the dirt with his kids I'd save the money until I wanted/needed a bike like the Scott. For fooling around with the kids I wouldn't even bother switching parts. I'd ride the too small Bridgestone as is, assuming it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.