Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all.. got my ibis mojoHD from competitive cyclisit a while ago(what a great experience).... When they shipped the bike- -the chain fell off and gouged the new XO cranks on the bike.. I called CC and they apologized and sent me a new set to swap out..No questions asked-- just said sorry and shipped.. Very cool.. Anyways... Its been forever since i have swapped out cranks... I know a lot of the new bike parts today are easier to work on.. So -- do i need any special tools to swap out some XO cranks? Anyone know of a video? I dont mind taking the bike down to the lbs and paying to have it done.. But if its something easy to do-- id rather just learn how to do it myself vs having to drive the bike around town..

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm guessing XO is the same as all other Truvativ stuff - very easy. Just take an allen wrench to the smaller of the two allen wrench openings on the non-drive side. It will probably feel like it is tightening up after you break it free and spin a couple times, but then it will get really loose and the arm will come right off. Just slide the drive side out and you're set.

·
Registered
74 Posts
After you loosen that bolt and take off the non-drive side arm you will probably need a rubber mallet to knock out the crank/drive-side arm. I then usually use the mallet and give the drive-side arm a few light taps when putting it back in place to make sure it is seated properly.

If you ride that new HD any kind of hard your new cranks will probably have some nice gouges to show off soon. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.. That is what i was hoping to hear.. Easy to take off and no need to drive my bike around..

okiemtnbkr-- I actually agree with you and have inner conflict about replacing the cranks.. I mean-- how many rides before i have way bigger gouges in the cranks(not very many).. Have thought about just sending the new cranks back and saying thanks anyways-- and just moving forward.. Might still do it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.