Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Enduro Monster
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
I ride a Large Norco Range A3 29" and am thinking about swapping out my back shock. Currently I run the Rockshox Deluxe RL Debonair in the back. I have linked the geometry diagram so you can take a look at all the angles and heights to judge whether or not a different shock would fit or not :)
I just have a few questions to ask, so bare with me:
1 - Can I run the 2018 Fox Float X2 on the linkage?
2 - What shock would anyone recommend me to swap over to, my old shock is getting a little worn out.
3 - If I was to swap out for a different shock, what would the positives be and the negatives be?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Ok...

What year is the frame??? From there find the specs on the shock (the size and stroke of the shock). The geometry chart won't show the shock size. Once you find the size, then any shock matching that size will fit...providing the upper shock mount isn't trunion. Then your choices get narrowed down.

As for the X2, it will be good. The newer Range lineup were spec'd with the X2. I only see positives if you make the switch.

·
Enduro Monster
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Robin :)
Frame size is a large. Only realized after I posted, that geometry doesn't mean anything in this case haha. Sounds good, I will have a look around on the market and take my pick at anything I see that looks good :)
Thank you so much !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.