Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive put a new fork on the same frame, but I've never swapped a fork from one frame to another, let alone a different type of headset. Are there any snags with spacers and such I'm going to run into? Both are 1 1/8". Ill be taking the Dart 3 from my RH frame and putting it on my parker I frame. And no flaming on keeping the D3. A. its been fine for what I ride and B. I'm broke so it'll have to do until I can afford an upgrade.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
If you put the same steerer on a bike that has a different stack height (head tube length or headset stack height or stem stack height), you'd need to adjust for differences with additional spacers or cutting the steerer (assuming the new one is indeed shorter overall).

·
carpe mañana
7,307 Posts
Zero Stack has a lower stack height than a regular headset, since the bearings go into the head tube. The head tube length is another factor, it may be a little taller than your old head tube to accommodate the space for the bearings. Finally, you'll need a new headset; if you get the same headset model (in zero stack, that is) as your current headset, you won't have to swap crown races.

_MK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.