Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Shimano Alivio crank on my 2006 GF Piranha and have the chance to buy a used but very good condition XT crankset model 750 with a UN72-E BB. I won't be able to use the bottom bracket because it won't fit.....so here is my question. Are the alivio and xt crank arms/chainrings interchangeable? I'm only asking this because of the cheap price that I can get on this crankset. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
mini said:
I have a Shimano Alivio crank on my 2006 GF Piranha and have the chance to buy a used but very good condition XT crankset model 750 with a UN72-E BB. I won't be able to use the bottom bracket because it won't fit.....so here is my question. Are the alivio and xt crank arms/chainrings interchangeable? I'm only asking this because of the cheap price that I can get on this crankset. Thanks in advance.
uhh, why won't the BB fit? the only issue is if the UN72 is a 68 and your bike takes a 73.
anyway, if they're both 4-arm they're the same BCD & will fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I didn't think the BB would work because it is for an "E" type front derailleur. Does that matter? (I am just getting into mountain bikes) Thanks.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.