Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this might be a dumb question, but I’m in need of a new shock, I’ve found a couple good condition used ones, same size, but that came off different bikes. Are the factory tunes different enough that it would perform poorly on my bike? I’m not sure how much goes on internally, if at all, or if it’s all mostly the external adjustments that i could easily make.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Each shock has its own factory tube. The last shock I was looking to replace was a "mid/low" tune. That means the rebound is a mid tune and the compression is a low tune. (This shock only has rebound adjustments) While taking to SRAM, the next model up (which has both compression and rebound adjustments) only comes in a "mid/mid" tune. Since it has compression adjustment, the tech felt it would be fine.

My point is, yes, they have different tubes from the factory, you can probably get by with minor changes, but not huge. They are usually marked L,M,H somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.