Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Metalheadbikerider
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kona Kula Supreme HT and am considering swapping out my 80mm SID SL for a 100mm Fox RL. I'm ok with the weight penalty, but I am concerned with the change in geometry. Anyone else do this? Any input?
TIA

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
Not quite, on the RMB element 30, came with 105 mm shocks, I went with a TALUS with 90 mm, 110 mm and 130 mm settings.

The geometry change is quite noticable especially downhill.

Some of the Elements come with 80 mm shocks, so I kinda spanned the whole range.

I just wasn't comfortable with changing geometry with no way of going back to where I was.

·
I bike long tyme.
1,107 Posts
You're looking at about a 1 degree change of HA with minimal changes to standover and BB height. I'm guessing your bike is somewhere in the 71 degree region for the HA. Ought to slacken it out to around 69.5-70 (perfect trailbike numbers). This change will make it a little more stable at speed and not so twitchy. It'll still climb excellent and that extra inch up front will help you out across the board including comfort. Go for it, I think you'll enjoy the new feel.

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
What was the original fork? New fork? If I am not mistaken, moving from a 80 Marz to a 100 Manitou,RS or Fox should not change the height much as the axle to crowns are pretty close. I may be wrong though.

Anyway, I just put a 100mm Manitou Minute 2 on my Kula that is being SS'd.
G

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have been asking this same question on other forums. I run a new 07 Anthem with the stock 07 Fox 80mm fork. But I have seen my comfort and downhill speed slow especially over the rough stuff. I have been thinking about putting a 100mm fork (either fox, reba or R7) up front. But I am not sure how this will affect the Handling? I know it will be more comfortable, or will it. Can less than an inch make that big of a differnce?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.