Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up if you are interested. Annual Phoenix swap meet for bike week is Saturday Morning at Phoenix Muni Parking lot. ( Southwest Corner of Van Buren and Priest) 7am to 1pm.

Buy swap sell.

I went last year and got a great deal on a pair of shimano shoes. My son turned twenty bucks into two crappy bmx bikes and a pair of rollerblades. I think I will try to get my twenty buck back this year.

John

·
No Clue Crew
7,639 Posts
Is there generally good stuff there? I'm in the market to switch from HT to a full suspension bike, but don't want to waste a trip from N. Scottsdale if it's going to be mostly junk stuff.
d

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stuff

Blatant said:
Is there generally good stuff there? I'm in the market to switch from HT to a full suspension bike, but don't want to waste a trip from N. Scottsdale if it's going to be mostly junk stuff.
d
It will be mostly older stuff. I doubt that you would find a decent FS bike at this event.

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
Yeah, I'm riding up there in the morning. On the lookout for a couple more jerseys, maybe some shorts.

New hubs are always a nice find, as are decent brakesets for future project bikes.

Small chance of finding what I REALLY want, which is the bits and pieces to build a decent touring bike.

p.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swap Notes..

Well I sold, bartered or gave away a couple of boxes of parts on Saturday. We sold our house and moved into a rental to play the real estate game, and I had to part with some of my prized bike part stuff from years past.

My 9 year old son cleaned out the till and bought a chainstore full supension bike that I think takes more space then the stuff that I took to the swap mart in the first place. He was not happy when it was relagated to the patio.

Dave's fixed gear was a hit. I think I could have got at least $40 buck for it if he had left with me a while.. Alan cleaned up as usual. Paul and I agreed that the lack of the sock guy really was a dissapointment this year.

We went to Chandler BMX for my son's birthday party later that afternoon. My five year old had a freak crash and broke his leg in a couple of places. Yikes! live as a dad.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Red Cast

Paul, the orthopedic doctor put a red cast from his toes to mid thigh. Four weeks in a wheel chair, then he can transition to a walking cast. He has a spiral fracture of the tibia. The doctor said he was going to heal up nicely.

Its kind of ironic that out of all the crazy superman type falls that I have seen at the BMX track, my son breaks his leg in a small bike pileup. Its all payback for what I put my parents through.

See ya,

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.