Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I would like to know can I SWAP FOX Remote from one forks to another?

First of all here is my current setup:

2013 FOX FIT TALAS32 140MM Kashima with Remote + 2014 FOX FLOAT-X Remote

However, I want to use 160MM and I found one on EBAY with a good price so I just purchased but it isn't remote version.

The new forks is 2013 FOX FIT FLOAT34 160MM Kashima

Now back to the question, can I swap remote and headcap from TALAS32 to FLOAT34 directly? I'm wondering because TALAS is 32mm while FLOAT is 34mm and not sure will there be any size differences on these headcap?

If I can't then what are the parts I'll need to convert FLOAT to Remote and TALAS to non-Remote? (Convert TALAS to non-remote, so I can use the remote lever from Talas it'll save me alot I guess).

All advise are welcome :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Fox only sell one remote kit (ie no 32 or 34 specific), so I see no reason why it should not work.

The key thing to remember with Fox CTD forks is that 2013 and 2014 remote top caps are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the same way as cws196 do but after I send question to fox the reply I got from them is very confusing.

First of all they said "It would not be possible to transfer the dampers from these forks as one is a 34mm fork and the other is a 32mm fork."

So I asked them what parts do I need and they said "you will need the Top Cap Interface parts – part number 820-05-272-kit"

I think that was a part for 2014 model so I asked them again and this time they said " then you would want to use part # 820-05-227-kit"

Finally I asked these kits doesn't have option to choose weather my forks is 32 or 34 mm means it'll be same for both of them then why can't I use parts from my 32TALAS? Fox didn't reply :-(

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fox has just replied me, here is what they said

"The part #820-05-227 can be used on both 32 and 34mm forks. However, the talas top cap will not work with the 34 as the float is longer travel."

Is this sound correct?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok as I don't get any response here I assume u guys don't know as well. So I've place order on 820-05-227 already. I'll come back and show u guys again with pictures on differences (if there is any as FOX said)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts