Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody down there know about the current trail shape of either Lewis River, Souixon, or
Syncline? any info on any of these would much appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I would guess there's still a lot of snow at Siouxon, and Lewis River. Stella trails, in Longview, still had 2 inches on them a couple of days ago..at far less elevation. You might want to check out the Stella trails. They're in excellent condition.

·
TRACKDADDY
332 Posts
That is funny I too was going to post a question as to the trail condition of SW WA trails... Last I had heard the Lewis river trail was washed out in some sections, am I wrong??? How about other St. Helen's area trails like Smith Creek or Plains of Abraham etc.... Anyone?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Lewis River got hit BAD by the wind storms. We went in at Curly Creek (bottom of trail) and you pretty much can't go more than 100 feet at a time before you hit a huge tree down. We were with the people who do most of the clearing (but we were all just out for a ride) and they were already planning removal, but it is too early to actually bring in the chainsaws.

Siouxon however has been pretty much cleared, probably still some snow on the road up there tho.

Local trails in Longview are in great shape, some snow still on the trails but will melt off before too long, we are still riding them.

Smith Creek and Ape Canyon are closed and under lots of snow, you could ski some of it. maybe. Basically, anything above 1500' is snowed under, just like every winter.

bike oN
bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.