Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have a Suunto X9 Mi. The GPS is SLOW to get satellite signals and it's weak. It will take about 4-5minutes in a clear area to sync to satellites and you will have to put it on your handlebar if you want an accurate point collection. If it's on your hand it will lose the sat sync if you twist your arm too far. It will only last a few hours on the battery if you're trying to do a capture every 10 seconds, I think that's the fastest option it has. It's great for the size and it's ALWAYS with me (it's a watch). It has helped me when I got lost on a trail in the mountains to get back to the camp site.

The new X10 version is supposed to be faster and better but I've never used it. I just use my cell phone now (HTC 6800). It works WAY better, lasts much longer with the extended battery and is 100x faster to sync with the satellites. It also works in my backpack so I don't even mount in on the handlebars. Not sure if the T6 would have the new GPS chip but looking at the price I doubt it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.