Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry, you may have seen i have been having problems.
first the boxxers. when i land a jump the adjuster on top spins round and the max travel drops (and no it is not the sag or the forks are moving :thumbsup: )

and now my shock, i have just under the about of sag i am supose to have and when i jump off a kirb the shock bottems, i have the compression maxxed out as well

any comments welcome, becuase i need help!
 

·
Ricky DH
Joined
·
2,249 Posts
You're having the same problem with two different sets of boxxer forks?

Oh wait, you're one of those guys that calls your front fork "my forks" aren't you?

It's "My Boxxer fork" , not "My Boxxer forks". There are two legs, on your fork, but it's just
one fork. Sorry, just drives me crazy when people do that.
 

·
Ricky DH
Joined
·
2,249 Posts
bxxer rider said:
well sorry, i was only wanting some help!
I'm sorry too dude, like I said it just drives me crazy when people call it their forks.

Any way.

Maybe you can zip-tie/tape/glue your boxxer adjuster knob so it doesn't turn on you?
I had to do a similar thing to the fork on my wifes' bike, but her fork is a single crown and I actually had a hole on the crown to zip tie the adjuster knob to. (Her lock-out was turning on it's own due to trail vibrations.)

Sounds like your rear shock may need some work, maybe it's blown up. Send
it in and get it rebuilt. Your local bike shop can probably do it and have it back
to you in a few days.

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rep_1969 said:
I'm sorry too dude, like I said it just drives me crazy when people call it their forks.

Any way.

Maybe you can zip-tie your boxxer adjuster knob so it doesn't turn on you? I had
to do a similar thing to my the fork on my wifes bike.

Sounds like your rear shock may need some work, maybe it's blown up. Send
it in and get it rebuilt. Your local bike shop can probably do it and have it back
to you in a few days.

Good luck.
ill look in to that zip tie idea till i get them serviced.
and the shock has just been rebuilt by fox becuase i blow loads of seals on one heavy landing
 

·
Ricky DH
Joined
·
2,249 Posts
bxxer rider said:
ill look in to that zip tie idea till i get them serviced.
and the shock has just been rebuilt by fox becuase i blow loads of seals on one heavy landing
EDIT:

I had to do a similar thing to the fork on my wifes' bike, but her fork is a single crown and I actually had a hole on the crown to zip tie the adjuster knob to. (Her lock-out was turning on it's own due to trail vibrations.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
i have an 06 boxxer ride on my 7 point. take the adjusment knob off carefully. using like a 3mm, allen or a 2.5. (i am not 100% sure) underneath you will have 3 springs with little ballbearings on top of them. simply remove the springs and stretch them carefully about 1/4 of an inch. put the springs back in with the ball bearings (using some grease helps keep the bearings on top of the springs). re-install the adjustment knob making sure that the bearings don't fall off of the springs. the added tension on the spring keeps the adjustment know from turning so easily.

This is just a temporary sort of fix (i got it from their technician). I never use my u-turn adjustment so i just took out the ball bearings, and stretched the springs a bunch, re-installed the cap and it never moves.

Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks, i have tried streaching the springs and that made no diffrence so i streached them so some, but while re attaching the adjuster i accerdently lost one of the balls and it rolled out of the workshop in to the undergroth, and now is lost. but however the zip tie seems to be holding it for now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
706 Posts
tjdlegend said:
i have an 06 boxxer ride on my 7 point. take the adjusment knob off carefully. using like a 3mm, allen or a 2.5. (i am not 100% sure) underneath you will have 3 springs with little ballbearings on top of them. simply remove the springs and stretch them carefully about 1/4 of an inch. put the springs back in with the ball bearings (using some grease helps keep the bearings on top of the springs). re-install the adjustment knob making sure that the bearings don't fall off of the springs. the added tension on the spring keeps the adjustment know from turning so easily.

This is just a temporary sort of fix (i got it from their technician). I never use my u-turn adjustment so i just took out the ball bearings, and stretched the springs a bunch, re-installed the cap and it never moves.

Hope this helps.
That's already been explained to him. He's too obstinate to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
706 Posts
bxxer rider said:
oi acherly now one has, and i have tried it as i have explianed
Please speak English. You are from Britain so unless you're 10 you should be able to handle it. ACTUALLY (not oi acherly) me and XSL Will both did in your other little thread. You immediately dismissed the suggestion stating that the problem wasn't in the knob but inside the fork. It doesn't matter where it is. If you increase the engagement strength of the detents like this they won't let the knob turn. The fact that you said that you were going to fix the knob in place with a ziptie proves to me that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm convinced you are not able to grasp the very basic instructions that have been given to you. Bring your bike to a shop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am sorry, but i have problems with speeling, and i am infact only 15. i did not fully dismiss your surggestion i had an attempt at it and it did not work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
706 Posts
bxxer rider said:
i am sorry, but i have problems with speeling, and i am infact only 15. i did not fully dismiss your surggestion i had an attempt at it and it did not work!
I fear for your country if a 15 year old can't spell the word "spelling." That's pretty ironic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i would rather you didnt take the piss out of me, i am dislecsic (and i have no idea how to spell it) i i would also rather people dont hold it agiest me, thats is why i didnt say first of all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
706 Posts
bxxer rider said:
i would rather you didnt take the piss out of me, i am dislecsic (and i have no idea how to spell it) i i would also rather people dont hold it agiest me, thats is why i didnt say first of all
No problem now that you have a legit reason. There are lots of people on the internet that act retarded for no good reason. Makes you a lot less annoying now. On a related note: Now I'm 100% convinced that you don't understand those instructions.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top