Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends. Newbie. Need advice.

I'm 5'11. Got an XL (Scott Scale 925) instead of L. Can't return. Trying to reduce reach. I need a near-upright position and I don't race. I was considering a +30 degree rigid stem of 70mm/90mm length. And since I have some chronic wrist pain issues, I was told I should look at 'suspension stems' like RedShift. They have a +30 degree 100mm suspension stem. Could this be a good idea? Might there be a conflict between this suspension and that of Fox 32 front suspension?

·
Wanna ride bikes?
8,552 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Those things are for gravel bikes. You've already got 4in front travel, what's another inch of stem movement supposed to do?

·
SP Singletrack rocks
2,044 Posts
Hello friends. Newbie. Need advice.

I'm 5'11. Got an XL (Scott Scale 925) instead of L. Can't return. Trying to reduce reach. I need a near-upright position and I don't race. I was considering a +30 degree rigid stem of 70mm/90mm length. And since I have some chronic wrist pain issues, I was told I should look at 'suspension stems' like RedShift. They have a +30 degree 100mm suspension stem. Could this be a good idea? Might there be a conflict between this suspension and that of Fox 32 front suspension?
the real answer is frame swapping.

Going to longer stem even if more upright might make the issue worse.

If you insist on keeping the bike

40,35,31 mm stem

Swept back bar can help shorten the ride

and lastly these as well.

https://revgrips.com/

·
Registered
77 Posts
In your other thread I told you about the Fasst Flexx handlebars. Did you even look at them or respond to that thread?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts