Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AndesJack
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local bike park opens today and has great All Mountain and Downhill/Freeride trails. I have ridden these trails with my hardtail last season and need some advice as to the set-up of my fuller's suspension. Got a DHX3 with around 6.5inch travel as well as a Bomber ATA 55. Is a stiffer suspension better or shal I opt for the more plush/softer set up?

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
Jacques Pienaar said:
Our local bike park opens today and has great All Mountain and Downhill/Freeride trails. I have ridden these trails with my hardtail last season and need some advice as to the set-up of my fuller's suspension. Got a DHX3 with around 6.5inch travel as well as a Bomber ATA 55. Is a stiffer suspension better or shal I opt for the more plush/softer set up?
Is it already set up for your weight? If so, I wouldn't go any stiffer or softer... maybe just increase the compression damping a click or 2 (if you have that adj available). For really fast riding, you might like a slightly faster rebound, but don't use so much that is fells like the rebound is deflecting you (or bucking you).

If it isn't set-up for your weight, then 25-30% sag is a pretty safe place to start...

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Kinda hard to say how you should change your suspension not knowing how it's set up in the first place...and around 30% sag would be about where I would start for those kind of trails. OTOH setting up a suspension based on the manufacturer's suggestions based on your weight always needs some tweaking IME.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.