Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used bike cheap. I will be riding it for a bit and I have a few inexpensive parts lying around to do minor upgrades. The bike has a RST Capa T6 shock. It seems slightly spongy. I have a RS Dart 2 laying around doing nothing. The RockShox seems a bit stiffer from casual inspection. Would the Dart 2 be much of an upgrade over the RST shock? I am a heavy guy (plus 220) and I want all of the stiffness that I can get for the suspension, so is it worth the effort?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I'd second that - I'd trust the Dart more. But replacing the fork isn't a minor upgrade - unless you have some experience. In case you haven't - I'd recommend you either ask a local shop to help you, or find a buddy who've done it all before. Maybe post in your local MTBR to find somebody helping you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I just compared them side by side and the Dart has thicker stanchions and is overall much more solid looking. The person who had the bike before me used it for dirt jumping, and the rims and pedals were busted. That is why I got it cheap. The fork looks alright, but it seems very flimsy in it's operation.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kaba Klaus said:
I'd second that - I'd trust the Dart more. But replacing the fork isn't a minor upgrade - unless you have some experience. In case you haven't - I'd recommend you either ask a local shop to help you, or find a buddy who've done it all before. Maybe post in your local MTBR to find somebody helping you.
I have done it before, but I am taking it to a shop to save me the trouble. I want the Vuelta Zerolite MTB rims I got put on it as well and I don't want to take the time to do it myself. The no name rims on it were bent pretty bad. It is a bike for light XC. Why someone would be jumping it is beyond me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts