Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the Yeti 303R DH as my next DH bike and I am curious to hear what people think about the almost linear leverage ratio of this bike. Does it use too much travel all the time? Do you find it difficult to balance small bump compliance and resistance to bottom out?

Is anyone running a CCDB on this bike? Is it a good match for the suspension design?

·
Registered
23 Posts
i am running a 2010 with dhx5.0 coil. the first thing you will notice about the bike is that it pedals easy(for a dh bike). and it is a very lively/light feeling bike. small bump compliance and bottom out is not an issue with this bike. as long as you setup your rear suspension for your weight and riding style the bike will work like a dream.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It is true that the 303 RDH is a linear suspension system. However, many of the popular DH bikes out there often rising rate initially, but then falling rate the 2nd half of the travel. Thus they balance out to an overall linear rate. In Yeti's case they suspension is very predictable and easy to tune because the rate is consistent throughout the travel.

I haven't tried the latest version of the CCDB on my RDH, but I'm really liking the Elka even more than the RC4.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a 2010 303R-DH with the RC4. I run quite a bit of sag in the rear to get it to ride how I like it. It was bottoming out off of larger drops so I ended up running maximum bottom out dampening and four clicks of hi speed compression and It feels like it is now using it's travel very effectively. I haven't ridden many different rear shocks but I am very pleased with all the adjustments on the RC4 and they have been very effective in allowing me to tune the shock to get the performance that I desire.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all the replies!

I pulled the plug and ordered a new 303R DH frame from the good guys at Go Ride and now I wait for that beauty to turn up at my house. :thumbsup:

First Yeti frame for me, and I am really excited.

·
Registered
112 Posts
nybike1971 said:
Thank you for all the replies!

I pulled the plug and ordered a new 303R DH frame from the good guys at Go Ride and now I wait for that beauty to turn up at my house. :thumbsup:

First Yeti frame for me, and I am really excited.
Sweet. Your going to love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts