Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys sorry for the rook post but here goes:

just got into mtn biking about 3 months ago, my friend sold me a trek singletrack with rockshox (that are busted). i dont wanna go and buy a new bike yet as i dont have a lot of money and i wanna get better first also, now i wanna remove the fork and get a new fork for myself that isnt too expensive but has about 80-100mm travel. ive been looking at some rockshox like the psylo and pilot but have read some pretty bad reviews on them, anyone got any suggestions for about or under 120-150 bux? also does anyone use those rockshox seat posts that provide a little bit of "rear" suspension? does that help at all on a hardtail?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
chrisriles said:

just got into mtn biking about 3 months ago, my friend sold me a trek singletrack with rockshox (that are busted). i dont wanna go and buy a new bike yet as i dont have a lot of money and i wanna get better first also, now i wanna remove the fork and get a new fork for myself that isnt too expensive but has about 80-100mm travel. ive been looking at some rockshox like the psylo and pilot but have read some pretty bad reviews on them, anyone got any suggestions for about or under 120-150 bux? also does anyone use those rockshox seat posts that provide a little bit of "rear" suspension? does that help at all on a hardtail?

thanks in advance.
I would look on ebay, I picked up a used RockShox SID XC (sub 3lb 80mm) for ~150 so you may want to look there, and you may even want to look on supergo.com and jensonusa.com they sometimes have pretty good deals for ~150 or less.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to Mountain Biking!

chrisriles said:

thanks in advance.
It really depends on the kind of performance you want out of the fork. I had a Judy TT and while it isn't anything like my Black Platinum, it is a good beginner fork. I'm absolutely sure you can get it new for somewhere in your price range. You mentioned you had read some bad reviews on the psylos and pilots. I have ridden both and I had no problem with either. If you want a really cool fork for the money, you might look at a Rock Shox Judy SL U-Turn. It is RS's most feature packed fork for the money. It's better than the judy TT or XC. It has hydra coil damping, which isn't too shabby. If your new, then I really think you would love this fork. I learned on a Judy, and I'm sold on it for a beginners fork. Be aware though. They stiffen something fierce in the winter when it gets way cold ( i live in Idaho). Like I said, it really depends on what you want. Do you freeride? If so, your price range might be a bit low. As for maybe looking on E-Bay, well, I'm not real big on used forks. You don't know what they been through, or how many times they had to be serviced. It's up to you though. You can get a decent fork in your price range, you probably don't have a dad to just go buy you a Black like I did. I'm paying him back, but slowly. Otherwise, I'd probly still have that Judy TT. Happy Trails pardner. Mikey42186

1 - 3 of 3 Posts