Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of running some squish on my 96er( 29 in the front so dont chuck me out yet!) apart from the obvious like reba, white, i have some other ideas. looking for about 80mm

lefty conversion(keep front end low)
maverik sc 32 (can they be de-tuned to 80-90mm)
FRM(mega money)
pace rc29 s-80 (prob mega money, and not even sure if they are going into production since the buy out)

most of all they gotta look right, so any pics and any advice or recomendations

cheers

trev

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I think the Maverick fork comes out at 90mm of travel once you get the reducers installed. As for the Pace, killer fork, but yep it is big bucks. As for your list, I cannot think of an other fork unless you buy an Old Marzocchi 29er fork from Jenson. Depending on what lefty you buy, it will fit what you are looking for. Do a search on lefty in this forum, and you will find tons.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/sub/138-Forks.aspx?s=1689

·
TomOneTi
218 Posts
RockStarRacing said:
remember seeing a fork, carbon a bit like a girvan, on a quiring cycles FS 29er anyone know anything about it?
It was made for Look by a French company called Fournales. No longer in production. I spoke with Scott Quiring and he said he had access to some that he was modifying for 29'er use. However, he was only selling them along with his frames.

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
My $.02...

I've got a Maverick SC32 and a Reba Race, and have put about a year of riding on each fork thus far. Both are good forks, but if you're looking for a fork to 'install and forget', you can't do much better than the Reba. I suppose a lefty rider would argue that, but I'll be frank in that I'm not at all interested in Cannondale's products -- Lefty is not an option for me.

Maverick forks have the potential to be incredible, but their stock damper shim stack setup makes the fork spike on high-speed hits. The great news is that Maverick's damper is claw hammer simple, and if you understand suspension and can read their well-done tuning manuals, it's easy to tune the damper to work great for just about anyone. But, a lot like a race car, or racing motorcycle, the Maverick fork work best with someone who is willing to spend time maintaining and loving it, in addition to riding it hard.

Pics of my Dos Niner with both forks installed. Personally I like the look of the bike more with the Maverick fork -- the Reba is way more pedestrian looking.

Good luck!
MG

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.