Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I bought a 2nd hand bike recently with a Rockshox SID Race fork. It should be the 2009 or later version. The fork has been pumped to the pressure matching my weight, 160 psi for 90+kg. Its an 80mm fork which can be converted to 100mm but I don't think its been converted.

One of the issues I'm facing is that before I even ride the bike, the fork seems to have already sagged. There are sag indicators printed on the stanchion and it hovers around the 20% mark for the 80mm side, as shown in the picture below. I've also attached a picture of a fork that has the full indicator shown.

My fork:

Taken from the Internet:

I'm just wondering, is there anything wrong with my fork? Once I ride the bike it sags even more, leaving not much travel.

I've got a whole lot of other issues regarding this fork, especially setting it up for riding, and I've looked through a couple of websites but still not quite getting it. But I guess I'll just start off with this first. Thanks for the help guys. :)

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Did you pump both air chambers ("positive" on top of the fork, "negative" at the bottom) higher to match your weight, or just the air chamber on top?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
retro83 said:
Empty both chambers, pump the positive up then the negative. This should reset the piston position
Thanks man, I bought myself a Wrench Force fork pump and followed your instructions, the stanchion extended back to its original length.

Right now the indicator is at 100mm 0%, does this mean that the travel of my fork has already been converted from 80mm to 100mm? The previous owner did not tell me much.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
aizen said:
Thanks man, I bought myself a Wrench Force fork pump and followed your instructions, the stanchion extended back to its original length.

Right now the indicator is at 100mm 0%, does this mean that the travel of my fork has already been converted from 80mm to 100mm? The previous owner did not tell me much.
yep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts