Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Single Speed Nation
133 Posts
80 mm will allow the bike to retain its handling characteristics. By putting on a 100mm you'll slacken the head angle a little bit, soften the handling some, and make the bike a little lazier. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. And it's not like 20mm is an overly aggressive change. Personally I'd put on an 80mm fork, because I like the snappy handling and quick steering. An extra 20mm wouldn't do much for me, suspension wise.

·
Registered
106 Posts
great_big_abyss said:
80 mm will allow the bike to retain its handling characteristics. By putting on a 100mm you'll slacken the head angle a little bit, soften the handling some, and make the bike a little lazier. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. And it's not like 20mm is an overly aggressive change. Personally I'd put on an 80mm fork, because I like the snappy handling and quick steering. An extra 20mm wouldn't do much for me, suspension wise.
I agree here. I was pretty lucky to find a reba with the U-turn option, so I can go from 80mm to 100mm with a few twists of a knob. I usually keep it at 80mm unless I come up to a long steep decent and I'll stop and crank it up for fun :p either way I love my reba, would highly suggest one if you can scoop one up at a good price. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.