Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I love the handling of my rigid El Mar, I am getting rid of my FS bike and will need a fork for some longer riding. What forks have you paired with the EM and how did they ride? Do I need to stick with 80mm of travel to preserve the geometry?

·
Riding or Drumming
213 Posts
tproc said:
While I love the handling of my rigid El Mar, I am getting rid of my FS bike and will need a fork for some longer riding. What forks have you paired with the EM and how did they ride? Do I need to stick with 80mm of travel to preserve the geometry?
I'm happy with my 80mm Reba on the EM. Cost-effective and a nice ride once dialed-in.

·
Stayin' Puft
1,241 Posts
tproc said:
I ran a Fox F29 100mm on my El Mar for a short while. I actually liked the geo better that way since it raised the front end and slackened out the head tube slightly. So it depends on what you like...both my other bikes are now 71deg HA geo, and I am using the El as a snow bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.