Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a couple searches but didn't find much.

I have an assemblance of parts in boxes and after an inventory over the last week, I realized I had enough parts to maybe begin to build another bike. The fork I have is a circa 1997 63 mm Rock Shox Judy XC with 1" steer tube and I have a new 1/1/8" headset in it's packaging, so I would need some of those Problem Solver headset reducers, but that won't be a big deal. I'd like to make a list of frames that may work for me so I can keep my eyes out and maybe snatch up a deal if I see it. This is my criteria so far:

Steel (1st choice) or aluminum (2nd) frame, 19-21"
Susp. corrected for 63 mm fork
1/1/8" head tube

This will probably be a pseudo-vintage frankenbike (1x8 speed), but if it can be done cheaply, it might be fun and I'll have something usable out of all these parts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
....or what head tube angles should I be looking for (newer or vintage frames)?

·
clueless
436 Posts
... look for frames made from '95 to '98. there is a big chance to find one matching your specs.

check mtb-kataloge.de, to see if the frame of interest had been delivered witch suspension fork or not.

ciao
flo

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
floibex said:
... look for frames made from '95 to '98. there is a big chance to find one matching your specs.

check mtb-kataloge.de, to see if the frame of interest had been delivered witch suspension fork or not.

ciao
flo
Thanks for the info!

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
Steel Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo cica 97(I think).

OX Tubing, corrected for 63mm sussy fork

Great riding frame - they go on eBunk pretty cheap too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98083&item=7151105103&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98083&item=7152486945&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I personally like the greensih color, but they made a red and a grey if I am not mistaken

My first SS convert (BTW 32x16 fits the stays perfectly, no tensioner required)

LP

sorry for the crappy pic

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts