Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had read in one of the mags that the 2005 Reign has suspension bushing problems that were addressed for the '06. Is this true and did Reign supply a kit for replacement or is it a return to manufacturer fix?
TJ

·
May contain nuts
2,433 Posts
woodenit said:
I had read in one of the mags that the 2005 Reign has suspension bushing problems that were addressed for the '06. Is this true and did Reign supply a kit for replacement or is it a return to manufacturer fix?
TJ
Giant use bearings not bushing and they've been well discussed here if you do a search... Giant don't take any notice of this forum so anything reported here remains unconfirmed heresay.. Giant should take a leaf out of manufacturers like IH and Turner books in that regard... :rolleyes:

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
woodenit said:
TJ
If you arent having the problem yourself dont worry about it. Otherwise, take it to your LHS.

·
telemarc
293 Posts
I have had no issues with my Reign after a lot of hard wet riding for the last 9 months. I do know of some trances that had to have the bearings replaced and one case where the bearing was frozen in and Giant sent a new rear triangle free of charge. I have gone through 2 X-Type Bottom Brackets though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.