Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But hey, who could blame her? :D

I present Mrs. 71's new ride. The pink is getting great reactions on the trail from riders and hikers alike. It's cool to see so many people smiling - must be something disarming about a girl on a pink bike.

Attachments

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Gorgeous bike

I'm sure she's head over heels in love with both of you.

Clyde

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Call_me_Clyde said:
I'm sure she's head over heels in love with both of you.

Clyde
Thanks! But I can't take the credit there. Mrs. 71 is the breadwinner. I'm just the guy who convinces her that her old frame/parts are holding her back. :)

·
Domestic Fowl
869 Posts
Sweet! That's a real eyecatcher.

If I may make a suggetsion...

I've discovered that road bike handlebar tape makes a really clean looking chainstay protector. I grabbed some off the bargain table at my LBS and probably have enough to do four bikes.

BTW: My girlfriend is getting her new bike today. She told my I would have to find another place to sleep. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thas a sexy bike! I want one!!!

Steve71 said:
But hey, who could blame her? :D

I present Mrs. 71's new ride. The pink is getting great reactions on the trail from riders and hikers alike. It's cool to see so many people smiling - must be something disarming about a girl on a pink bike.

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FreeRangeChicken said:
Sweet! That's a real eyecatcher.

If I may make a suggetsion...

I've discovered that road bike handlebar tape makes a really clean looking chainstay protector. I grabbed some off the bargain table at my LBS and probably have enough to do four bikes.

BTW: My girlfriend is getting her new bike today. She told my I would have to find another place to sleep. :)
Yeah you're right that zip tied inner tube needs to go! We just put in on there to protect the chain stay while we locate a jumbo Lizard skin or perhaps bar tape as you suggest. That thick chain stay is so close to the chain most of the time I think a Lizard skin isn't going to cut it though. Ding Ding DING ding Ding.

So what is your GF getting? So many choices now days for the ladies. Be sure to post some pics.

·
Homegrown
143 Posts
That bike is B U T full! I so want one! Who knew that it would take till I was almost 40 for pink to be my favorite color?????

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for showing us your wife's pink............bike. ;) Forget the lizzard skin, the chain will work it's way through it in one good ride. I used some plastic stuff on my DH bike that worked great. It comes coiled up like a spring and is about 1/2 inch wide, I don't remember who makes it.

·
Domestic Fowl
869 Posts
Steve71 said:
Yeah you're right that zip tied inner tube needs to go! We just put in on there to protect the chain stay while we locate a jumbo Lizard skin or perhaps bar tape as you suggest. That thick chain stay is so close to the chain most of the time I think a Lizard skin isn't going to cut it though. Ding Ding DING ding Ding.
I understand comepletely. First priority is to get the thing on the road. On my new Intense 5.5 the tire clearance is pretty minimal too. If you go with the bar tape I think you'll like it a lot.... very tidy looking, and there's a lot of colors to choose from.

Steve71 said:
So what is your GF getting? So many choices now days for the ladies. Be sure to post some pics.
My GF is getting a custom Seven Duo. She's 4'10", so there weren't many (any) off-the-shelf solutions that she was happy with. I'm sure she'll be posting pics today. It was ready to pick up yesterday, but she had a work function to attend. Pretty torturous.

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FreeRangeChicken said:
My GF is getting a custom Seven Duo. She's 4'10", so there weren't many (any) off-the-shelf solutions that she was happy with. I'm sure she'll be posting pics today. It was ready to pick up yesterday, but she had a work function to attend. Pretty torturous.
Wow! Bling-o-rama! Sevens are such beautiful bikes. The wife almost bought a Solar (IIRC) back in 2000.

·
Domestic Fowl
869 Posts
Steve71 said:
Wow! Bling-o-rama! Sevens are such beautiful bikes. The wife almost bought a Solar (IIRC) back in 2000.
Yeah, Sevens are pretty suweeeet. I've got a Sola, myslef. Probably the best consumer experience I've ever had. They make sure you get what you want. First you fill out their fit kit and questionaire, then they do a telephone interview with you, then they the send a drawing for approval. They ask questions about your riding style, what you like or dislike about your current bike, preference for ride characteristics, etc... When they're ready to start building yoru bike, they really understand what you want. Most "custom" shops simply take your measurements and that's it. With Seven you're involved in the process, not just waiting for a bike to magically pop out that suits your riding style. Can't wait until I can finally bite-off on a Seven road bike too.

Now, get out there with your wife and get that pretty pink bike dirty!!!

:)

·
Team Cspine
492 Posts
Curly plastic chain protector stuff...

BSEVEER said:
Thanks for showing us your wife's pink............bike. ;) Forget the lizzard skin, the chain will work it's way through it in one good ride. I used some plastic stuff on my DH bike that worked great. It comes coiled up like a spring and is about 1/2 inch wide, I don't remember who makes it.
http://enduroforkseals.com/id5.html

oorah

G

·
Yeah you're right that zip tied inner tube needs to go!
What would really be nice on that good-looking bike is clear vinyl tubing, about 3/4" or 1" diameter. A foot is all you need, would be about a buck. Slice the tube down one side(xacto knife or razor does it best) and stick it on the chainstay. Use small zip ties(I think you can get colored or clear zip ties) to hold it on and you will be able to see right through the chainstay protector to that sweet paint job.

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
Steve71 said:
What I use on my chainstays is self-adhesive rubber electrical tape. I stumbled across it in the hardware store. This is not standard vinyl electrical tape - it's about 1mm thick tacky rubber that adheres to itself. I put zip-ties on the ends to hold it, but if they fall off after a while, the rubber tape stays put. It's quite durable, resists cutting and stays neat-looking, unlike Lizard Skins that look quite ratty before very long.

Nice bike! Your wife's a lucky lady.

Kathy :^)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.