Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am up in Susanville next weekend for a BBQ comp and was thinking of trying to get a ride in Fri AM. I hear there are some good trails, and I see them on Trail Forks, but looking at how best to string a couple hour ride together. Never really ride in Lassen before. Trail head needs to be riding distance from the fairgrounds, because once we are setup it's hard to get around.

Thank you for anyone with some local knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
Only ridden there one weekend, but I think your two choices are:

1. Ranch Park. Lots of basic XC trails, but if you want something more rowdy (a few small gaps and wooden wall rides) then climb up to the top of the Bone Yard trail.

2. Bizz Johnson. Pretty flat scenic trail that follows a creek for a long ways.

Either way, try to tie in the brewery downtown!

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
I am up in Susanville next weekend for a BBQ comp and was thinking of trying to get a ride in Fri AM. I hear there are some good trails, and I see them on Trail Forks, but looking at how best to string a couple hour ride together. Never really ride in Lassen before. Trail head needs to be riding distance from the fairgrounds, because once we are setup it's hard to get around.

Thank you for anyone with some local knowledge.

Without a vehicle nothing really close to Fairgrounds. I'd try and hit Southside trail. You can pedal cross town to get to it. Do an out n back on it (~15 miles total iirc) or cross river and head back towards town where you started on the Bizz Johnson. Susanville Ranch Park is a little further distance out from Fairgrounds.

https://www.google.com/search?q=roo...:Rooptown%20Bicycles,ru_q:Rooptown%20Bicycles

PM me if you want maybe I can get you in touch with some locals up there. That might ease your access and get you on good trails.

·
Log off and go ride!
1,874 Posts
Susan River bike trail -- paved path -- starts behind Safeway. Follows the river to the other trailhead at Alexander Ave. Then you are just a few city blocks from the Depot and the Bizz trailhead. Ride up the Bizz and the Southside Trail back, or vice versa.
Susanville Ranch Park is ~2 miles of city streets from the Depot.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the good advice. Rode out to the Hobo Camp trailhead and rode South Side. Think I was on Biz Johnson for a bit. I may have gotten off track a bit. Really nice fun and mellow ride to get my head cleared to defend my title at the Lassen BBQ Championships.

J Mac, didn't know you had local knowledge. Timing was completely up in the air, so couldn't commit to anything, but thanks for the offer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.