Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only way I could ride on Saturday ...Friday Duct taped my hand to bars to ride easy trails

Broke my wrist on Thursday...

Some duct tape and a rolled up Maxxis innertube box

2 Becks and 2 advil...repeat at lunch with a sandwich

Attachments

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unclegreaser said:
ok if thats real, you and i are on the same level.

good job:thumbsup:
ask Noel Buckley of Knollybikes and Dave and forgot the guy in the middle's name

Attachments

·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
2 Becks and 2 advil...repeat at lunch with a sandwich
Shiver- You are in Canada. You have no business drinking anything but Kokanee (road koke's) and Zima (in Canada it has real vodka.) Oh and Jaeger bombs, oh and get that back pack cooler with 24 cans if Canadian too...

While yo're at it remember that the 2 am drunk run for a Zog Dog and Gatorade will get you back on the lift earlier in the day... Bummer on the wrist. What bone did they say was broken?

the best photo of me ever at Whistler is below...

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roaming Oregon said:
Shiver- You are in Canada. You have no business drinking anything but Kokanee (road koke's) and Zima (in Canada it has real vodka.) Oh and Jaeger bombs, oh and get that back pack cooler with 24 cans if Canadian too...

While yo're at it remember that the 2 am drunk run for a Zog Dog and Gatorade will get you back on the lift earlier in the day... Bummer on the wrist. What bone did they say was broken?

the best photo of me ever at Whistler is below...

scapula????.......same bad wrist been broken a while..I was a good boy and didn't party that much...didn't feel up to it..boy Jake you need to start eating and get a tan

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blender said:
scapula is your shoulder blade. derrrrrrrrr
yeah I know...something that sounds like that

·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
scapula????.......same bad wrist been broken a while..I was a good boy and didn't party that much...didn't feel up to it..boy Jake you need to start eating and get a tan
Scaphoid... Bummer. don't mess with that bone it will die and then you are really bummed. Mine still gives me trouble from 12 years ago when I had one and didn't want to stop training.

I don't need no stinkin' tan. I've been working on keeping my skin that pristine baby white for 34 years...

As for my weight- you know you wish you had my body. It's hawt right now. If I was single and had the emo kit. I'd have a date every night!

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Roaming Oregon said:
Scaphoid... Bummer. don't mess with that bone it will die and then you are really bummed. Mine still gives me trouble from 12 years ago when I had one and didn't want to stop training.

I don't need no stinkin' tan. I've been working on keeping my skin that pristine baby white for 34 years...

As for my weight- you know you wish you had my body. It's hawt right now. If I was single and had the emo kit. I'd have a date every night!
like I don't have a date every nite??? Come on.....I want to be skinnier but no way do I want to look like a Holocaust survivor

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
006_007 said:
LMAO

Knolly didnt mention to me you had a broken when you boys hooked up!

You are bad a$$ SMT. Now I am really pi$$ed I could not make it up there to meet.
did Noel tell you about when the chair stopped and I was yelling at this guy coming down "jump jump"

my girlfriend would jump....heck my wife would jump that.....quit being a puusssy and jump......ask Noel...it was hilarious

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Ya, it was discused, and someone else I knew who was a few chairs away from you mentioned it as well........

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
did Noel tell you about when the chair stopped and I was yelling at this guy coming down "jump jump"

my girlfriend would jump....heck my wife would jump that.....quit being a puusssy and jump......ask Noel...it was hilarious

·
Registered
938 Posts
That sucks you broke your wrist, dont let it keep you off the bike though, keep riding, I rode on a broken wrist for a month without knowing it was actually broken. I broke it over at West Texas.

·
keystone addict
542 Posts
sweet fix. I broke my hand racing 4x at snowmass, so for dh the next day, i wrapped it as hard as i could with tape and slammed like eight ibuprofen. hurt like hell during the race (i had to mold my fingers around the bar for like three minutes before I got in the gate), and I couldnt use my rear brake (really scarry on that course) but I still finished midpack. I was stoked as hell. heal up soon. :thumbsup:

·
~~~~~~~~
5,923 Posts
is that while you guys were stuck on the lift?
I threw down the sickest run ever in the boneyard for you guys and you were too far down to see it.

·
ride more.
622 Posts

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
ask Noel Buckley of Knollybikes and Dave and forgot the guy in the middle's name
Dude in the middle's name is Steve. He's from Utah. And I should have been on that chair too, but I have been nursing a broken arm and wrist for almost 5 months and still can't ride the big bike.

Crazy hopping on mtbr and finding my riding mate on a chair in Whistler.

Good times...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts