Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been up to Surveyors ridge/oakridge/Knebel springs/8 mile lately? I was hoping to head up there this weekend but hate to drive all the way from Hillsboro without knowing about snow/blow downs and storm damage...

·
Singletrack Addict
125 Posts
I haven't heard any reports but there is still snow, visible from town, at the top of Post. Post itself is in great condition and the crew has been hard at work rerouting washouts and removing fallen trees.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Has anyone been up to Surveyors ridge/oakridge/Knebel springs/8 mile lately? I was hoping to head up there this weekend but hate to drive all the way from Hillsboro without knowing about snow/blow downs and storm damage...
Typically not clear of snow till Mid-May (north side of the Bottle Prairie butte holds snow for a while. And the trails are not clear from blowdown till mid-May as well...... 8 mile can get 100s of blowdown trees in the beetle kill area. If you are itching for a ride in the mtns... I would suggest going from the bottom of surveyors and doing an O/B for as long as you desire.... OR go to Three Corners Rock.... or go hit up your back yard good trails (Wilson, Story Burn and Gales Cr)..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info shivermetimbers and TTrd. Maybe I will go up and ride surveyors and see how far I can go, or go up oakridge and then up surveyers and down dog river.... I have been hitting up my back yard all winter long and would love a change of scenery. May check out post canyon also, it has been years since I have done any XC mt biking there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
report from last sunday was that Surveyors has over 1' of snow at the trail head

John drove up the 44 road and reported that north faces had lots of snow and that there was over a foot at the TH of Surveyors. We did have one helluva week of sunshine and temps this week but I wouldn't say that was enough to go up there.

Dnut

Typically not clear of snow till Mid-May (north side of the Bottle Prairie butte holds snow for a while. And the trails are not clear from blowdown till mid-May as well...... 8 mile can get 100s of blowdown trees in the beetle kill area. If you are itching for a ride in the mtns... I would suggest going from the bottom of surveyors and doing an O/B for as long as you desire.... OR go to Three Corners Rock.... or go hit up your back yard good trails (Wilson, Story Burn and Gales Cr)..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts